Monday, November 27, 2023

growth











This morning I discovered that yes, I can access my entire photo library through this blogging platform. Even after spending several days not being able to figure it out. 

Perseverance?

Experimentation? 

Focus?

Determination?

Who knows. I figured out how to do it and am relatively certain I’ll forget by tomorrow. But I will figure it out again. Repetition builds connection and comfort and ownership. That is, on the positive side. Repetition can also promote all sorts of negative and destructive behavior so using it for good is, well, good. I’m working on letting go of patterns that didn’t serve me well, no matter how comfortable they were. And that’s hard. Comfort in the discomfort had been an underlying theme for me and sometimes I’m not even aware that’s where I’ve been coasting. 

Sigh. 

It’s never too late to grow, to accept, to acknowledge, to sigh hard and sob it out and let go of things that shouldn’t be. Even if they were a scratchy security blanket. 

Fashion: Calvin Klein coat that I totally didn’t need but also apparently did need. Bought in honor of my bargain seeking brother on his birthday at a Macy’s Black Friday sale for half off. Thanks bro. 

No comments: