Monday, November 27, 2023

change

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vOh66uEwMRdNCgciDp-erJI3BcaWekzN
At 59 and almost one half I would have thought things in my life would be pretty well established, a well oiled machine chugging along with someone concrete expectations about what’s next. Actually, maybe I thought that conceptually but that’s never how my life has actually worked. It’s more I fell into things along the way. Retail. Art school. Graphic design. Writing books. Starting a business. I had no grand plans in advance for any of those - they showed up. Some rather randomly, others because I had ideas or motivation and the manifesting was because I’d put in time and energy in some way. 

It’s feeling like gears are shifting again. It’s time for an overhaul, or at least a tune up. It never gets easier or more comfortable. I struggle each time I stare the inevitability down. But there is more that I’m hoping will become a thing, whatever that thing may be. All I can say is we’ll see as I sow seeds, thoughts and possibilities flickering at the edges. 

Fashion: thrifted velvet coat and pants. Old Navy t shirt. Malabrigo vest I knit myself. Steve Madden subtle metallic boots. See Eyewear glasses. 



No comments: