Thursday, November 30, 2023

filler

IIt’s been a day of giving advice, mitigating stress, collective deep breathing, reassuring, and listening to at times frustrated, nervous, overwhelmed, pissed off, anxious, overwrought parents going through the public high school process in NYC. Not everyone was all those things but I remember how intense and nerve wracking it was when I went through this with my kids. You only want the best for them and it’s mostly out of your control. 

So much of being a parent is that. Honestly so much of life is that. I’m grappling with finding some deeper meaning here and I know there is one but I have 3 more families to meet with and am conserving brain power at the moment. I’m feeling like red jello with whipped cream would help all around right about now. 

No comments: