Friday, December 18, 2020

glitter on the inside


A quick summary of the past few days. I:

  • felt glimmers of writing again
  • battled internally about whether or not it was a good idea
  • was locked out of my old blog on Safari (took awhile to figure that bit out)
  • decided to start something new
  • polled friends on facebook about name possibilities 
  • spent WAY TOO LONG figuring out how to set things up
  • spent even longer putting together a header I was happy with
  • consulted with a witch who told me I should be writing
  • posted my first post
  • almost didn't write my second
  • someone asked why I didn't just stick with my original blog and keep writing there
  • which was a totally valid point and so here I am, again 

Glitter on the Inside is a lovely name. Perhaps I'll use it for something else one day. Naming things is always my first step in a project. It felt good and also sort of scary to be thinking about creating this way again. I've had enough space and deep breathing in the years when I careened from project to project, too busy and overwhelmed back then to find balance or space or calm. The edge of too much was my uncomfortable comfort zone and I have zero desire to go back there. So, as I said in my exceedingly short lived blog before I came back here: baby steps.  

 

No comments: