Sunday, December 19, 2010

yay life!



I had a couple of things I had been thinking about writing today:

fat me: peeking in on feeling fat when stress gets too intense and how that negativity's been creeping back in lately

being dumped is hard to do: thoughts about letting go when you're not the one who wanted out of something

But, this morning, as I was chatting in the elevator with a woman I'd never seen before and her dog (I wasn't talking to the dog, just admiring him), about the exuberance of puppyhood, she said puppies are all: yay life.

Yay life.

I love that. LOVE.

Puppies are so yay life - at least mine is. Gracie radiates enthusiasm. She sees me and her tail starts wagging, whether it's the energetic almost wiggling out of her skin when I come home or the sleeping under the chair, just waking up flutter back and forth. She loves nothing more than sitting on my lap, chewing furiously on a toy. In fact, she's here right now which makes typing on my laptop ultra challenging. But, I wouldn't change it for the world.

She's been with us for 5 months and I can barely remember life without her. She brings a sweetness to sitting still. A warmth to doing nothing because being together in that nothing is love and comfort and ease.

She melts me. And yet her presence is a powerful force, not just for me but for all of us.


For someone who never really wanted a dog I fell hard. Puppy love is a delicious thing.

No comments: