Friday, December 31, 2010

Heaven

I'm lying in a hammock that's strung between 2 palm trees, coconuts ripening overhead, sunlight breaking through the heavy fronds. Waves are breaking onshore, the water varying shades of turquoise, cobalt, teal. The sky is dappled with marshmallow clouds. Peacocks, with their own range of brilliant blues and greens, are wandering so close by I could reach out and touch one (not that I ever would).

The sand is white. The shells are plentiful.

There's a sense of relative emptiness compared to the overcrowding we've found on other places.

After days of not getting into our groove today more than makes up for it.

I will go home warm with Mexican beaches and sun and the raw beauty of shells adorning trees mired in the surf.

I am happy.

Smiling.

Grateful.

No comments: