Monday, September 12, 2022

grooves

 I excel at grooves. I like the comfort and consistency of doing something every day. It’s grounding and satisfying and as someone who works from home without much of a routine, setting any routine is wonderful. On the other hand not all routines stick and I’m never quite sure why some become an integral part of my existence: meditation, legs up the wall, drinking lemon water to start every day and others last for a month or a week or sometimes just a day: no sugar, intermittent fasting, no social media, stretching every day  

Control and no control. Dedication and being lackadaisical. Not sure yet where writing will fit in. I’ve had long stretches where every day writing was like breathing and then others where a day or two in and the urge would disappear. Yesterday I thought about it and the day got away from me. But I’m here today. The plan, the dream, the hope is that this will kickstart a new something. A new project. More creativity. Could be it doesn’t get beyond musing in real time as I figure out what to focus on next.

Next up, walking dogs which is a necessity routine. Protein shake which is hopefully a healthy routine. And a smoothie which has become a routine I should be breaking but I enjoy too much.



No comments: