Sunday, January 2, 2011

Vacation take aways

I wrote this yesterday but had no Internet connection to post with. And so, while I'm sitting in the dark, docked at port, not yet ready to gear up for a big travel day, I'm happy to relive yesterday for a moment or two:

I'm lying here, on a heated chaise, water from the fountains trickling quietly, nothing but ocean and clouds and blue sky and warm sunshine beyond the floor to celling windows.

I was drifting in and out of empty, a gratifying place to be for me Vacation take aways

I'm lying here, on a heated chaise, water from the fountains trickling quietly, nothing but ocean and clouds and blue sky and warm sunshine beyond the floor to celling windows. 

I was drifting in and out of empty, a gratifying place to be for me as it can so often be so hard to get to. But thoughts kept cropping up at the edges. More actually appreciations and I wanted to make them more concrete before they slipped away. 

My parents are remarkable. I am so grateful for them and I don't tell them that enough. They love me so whole-heartedly, they make things possible that otherwise wouldn't be, they are accepting and supportive and thoughtful. 

I'm better at doing nothing than I thought I was. 

The older I get, the less things bother me. 

My kids have remarkable manners. 

My clothes will soon be shared with a child of mine who already looks better in them than I do. 

I can still pull off a bikini. 

My body lets me know when it's had enough. 

I finally learned all I need on a cruise are comfy pants and a long sleeved t shirt. 

Whipped cream in coffee is heavenly. 

I can survive without technology. 

I'm getting better at letting go of the illusion of control. 

Zeppoles stuffed with raisins are far more delicious than one could possibly imagine. 

And I'm starting 2011 with no concrete resolutions except to walk up 10 flights of stairs once a day. 

No comments: