Monday, July 19, 2010

lost in the not knowing

Sometimes I get utterly and completely stuck when I have too many options, none of which is quite the right fit. Very often they deal with technology which makes it all the more challenging as I don't really know enough to choose between things. But, here I am again, trying to figure it all out.

I just encountered another one. For some reason the calendar on my big computer isn't synced to my laptop or iphone so even though I know I've got stuff planned, I can't see it.

How do I fix it?

NO IDEA.

Ugh.

Back to my original dilemma. I'm trying to start a blog about Gracie. My first question: blogger or wordpress? Blogger is so much easier but there's not a lot of room for personalization. Having said that, worpress is basically impossible for me to figure out. I can't imagine there to be a more complicated interface (except for godaddy.com which I believe is someone's cruel joke). I registered my domain name, lifewithgracie.com and am all set to start this daily tribute to my delightful pup, but I'm stuck in technology apathy. I can't make a decision. I don't know what to do. I'm playing with templates, forwarding and masking, rerouting and figuring out ip addresses and all sorts of stuff that's way over my head.

I have nothing to show for any of it though.

I could go the iweb route - do exactly what I want and then figure out where and how to host.

That's an option I hadn't really thought about until now.

Shit. Now I have something else to consider.

And all I wanted to do was write about my pup and post cute photos . . .

Time to dive back into hosting and mapping and all that nonsense. But at least Gracie's sitting next to me and keeping me company while I struggle.

She really helps.

No comments: