Friday, January 1, 2021

resolutions


I don’t make New Year’s resolutions. Generally they don’t last and I’m pissed at myself for not sticking to whatever it was. Instead, I commit to things whenever it feels like there’s something I need to commit to. 

Right now I’m committed to getting into better shape. It’s been close to a year of a lot of staying in one place and while I took plenty of Pilates classes and walked whenever I could, it’s been years since I had a dedicated cardio practice. So that’s my plan not just because it’s a new year but because it’s time to challenge my body and myself to get to a healthier place. Day one and my spin classes are in the bag. My goal, not resolution, is 4 rides a week. I’m thinking that’s reasonable and manageable and something I won’t have to beat myself up about if it doesn’t always work out. 

Kindness to yourself is key. 

No comments: