Tuesday, January 14, 2014

making things



I've been making things for as long as I can remember.

Nothing's changed.

I'm using different materials to get to another end result. Instead of poster paint I found beads. Instead of clay I'm using cord. Instead of crochet hooks I stitch with open eye needles.

But still, I'm just making things.

Finding combinations that work. Pulling disparate items together into something cohesive. Spotting colors and shapes that speak to me out of countless options.

Knowing when something is enough or too much.

I'm in the zone, flowing, grooving when I'm making things. Hunting down supplies. Setting up photo shoots. Stitching quietly away as pieces evolve in my fingers.

When I was little making things was my greatest joy. Turns out it's still way high up on my happiness list.



No comments: