Friday, October 23, 2009

first FLOW review!!!



Last night on twitter @KeriStevens mentioned FLOW's great review in Body & Soul magazine. What?! I had no idea anything was out there yet. I ran to 2 newsstands, but the guys behind both counters shrugged that no, they didn't carry it. I searched valiantly online but came across nothing. It almost reminded me of the time I got a message saying that my amnio (with Jack) was fine, to call back if I wanted to know the sex of the baby. I got the message at 4:50. The office closed at 5. But no one answered the phone. Nor did they feel compelled to actually pick up at 8 the next morning. It was the longest night of my life. Ok, so waiting to see the FLOW review wasn't quite that dramatic, but after we got everyone off to school, Jon and I hit the big newsstand on 14th Street and found a copy. It is fantastic. Striking. POSITIVE. People must be seeing it because books are selling at amazon (yes, I check).

This is it. It's starting. It's been strange and edgy knowing FLOW's been out there, but having no idea if anyone noticed. But, someone, at a Martha Stewart magazine no less, did.

As my mother would say, may this be the first of many.

Day 24 is a happy wrap.

2 comments:

Keri Stevens said...

I am about to go bump up your Amazon number. Well, probably actually your B&N number, but you don't mind, right?

Jeremy said...

Totally awesome news about the great review. But really, not at all surprising that the book is being well received, considering its creator.

Congrats and kudos. Soak it in and revel in it, as you so richly deserve.