Thursday, July 30, 2009

day 3 - high pressure lunch


Normally, I don't stress about meals. After suffering through anorexia for more than a decade, I do everything I can to keep anxiety away from food. But, 2 weeks from yesterday, I've got a lunch, no, make that LUNCH, that's already got my insides wrapped up in knots. My agent is hosting an editor's luncheon at a fabulous restaurant in a stunning Richard Meyer building by the Hudson. 12 to 16 people (or as many as we can round up in 13 days in the middle of August) talking about Flow.

In certain situations I excel at small talk but I'm afraid this isn't going to be one of them. Sigh. On the other hand, I so believe in this book and have yet to find someone not interested in some aspect of it.

My biggest dilemma at the moment . . . what to wear. And can I possibly get my hair cut before then.

No comments: