Sunday, January 25, 2009

houseguests

Having people stay over is a challenge. No matter how much fun we have, the exhaustion generally wins out over the excitement. And to be honest, it's usually not that much fun. Is it because we have a small apartment with not many places to go? I think a house with guest rooms would help. It definitely makes a difference who the guests are. Some people are breezy to get along with. Others . . . it makes me wonder if I'm the easy or the difficult variety. And that, I suppose depends who you talk to.

Of course, it's not just me and the guests. Everyone in my family is frazzled by the end. Late nights with not a lot of sleep. No down time. No solitude. Weekends that are cram packed, even if it's only with other people drinking up our oxygen, leave us all drained at the end.

It's Sunday afternoon and all I want to do is sleep. But, there's extra laundry to do, things to put away, meltdowns to circumvent, which, to be honest, is impossible. That's one of the hardest parts—knowing that at the end, when home is finally all ours, the real screams begin.

1 comment:

Ching Ya said...

Ever since we had our little place, we only had 1 guest, most of the time we're taking him rounding the area instead of just staying indoor, with nothing much to do anyways. ^^ My phobia would be having a BIG family with lots of kids around, then I might having bad time sleeping well, wondering how am I gonna clean up afterwards...