Wednesday, February 3, 2016

under the radar

I've been feeling lately that I'm not accomplishing much - not the way I did when I went from project to project, book to book, back to back to back endevours that absorbed all my time, creativity, energy. 

It's been a long time since I lost my soul to things like that, things that consumed me and took over my life. I don't particularly miss them. The highs were glorious but the lows almost broke me at times and I know I don't want to go back to those dark places again. 

Tonight though, I saw what I've been quietly (and sometimes not so quietly) fighting for was heard. Information shared. People educated. Processes explained. That perhaps my final outcomes aren't going to be concrete books on shelves or public acknowledgements of what I've done, but instead an internal thumb's up to myself, a quiet knowledge that I'm making a difference. That I'm helping. 

It's not nearly as public. But remarkably satisfying. 

1 comment:

Ethan said...

Lots of people's books on shelves you helped get built could be nice.