Tuesday, September 13, 2016

changes 4: so what do you do

So, what do I do? That's a question with an evolving answer. Actually, it's a question with a myriad of answers, most not particularly conventional for the world we live in. I've rarely been able to sum me up in a word or two and even when I try, it never quite works. 

I'm a mom, a caretaker, a holder of hearts.  

Until right now I've been an over zealous volunteer. 

I walk dogs, mine, on a regular basis. 

I'm a yogi. 

I'm a good interview if one's talking about menstruation or education. 

I've been a graphic designer for a long time, mostly freelance, but I don't do that much anymore. 

I'm a writer of a bunch of books, lots of articles, entertaining Facebook posts, and one screenplay. 

I can be an avid listener and/or a serious distraction. 

I'm a mediocre cook but an above average baker. 

I don't mention most of the above, when asked. Except for the graphic design and writing parts. But when asked recently I had a new answer: business owner. 

That's not something I ever aspired to or thought I would be, but it's a good fit. It's communicating, helping people, problem solving, and writing roled up into one. It's something I created that fills a unique niche. 

I'm making it up as I go along. Enjoying this part of my ride. And wondering what will come next. 




No comments: