Wednesday, December 2, 2009

me on the big(ish) screen


I've discovered that if I don't write first thing in the morning, thoughts, clear as they were at the beginning of the day, fritter away into nothing I can grasp by 6:49 in the evening. While I have a vague glimmer of what I wanted to write about, the tween meltdown and recorder practicing is impeding the flow of words even more than usual. Tomorrow, I go back to regularly scheduled programming.

I wanted to write about being on TV. About how, of the many things I've done in my life, this is in my top five of feeling like this is what I was meant to do. I felt exhilarated and excited. Engaged and enervated. Almost like I was in hyper-drive, on the edge of my seat, anticipating what would come next, processing super fast while talking at the same time. Meshing ideas. Steering conversation. Building and shaping. Connecting words and thoughts, questions and answers, delighting in how it all fit together in the end.

The show started at 8. When I glanced at the clock it was 8:23 and we were winding up. Time flew, a whirlwind of energy wrapping me up into a space and time where I was unaware and yet more present than ever. Tingling. Feeling. Thinking. Flowing.

I LOVED IT.

I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN.

I want to talk about FLOW, how it came to be, the insane, remarkable, shocking, important things I learned. I want to share, educate, challenge. I want to get people talking, questioning, sharing.

I want to start conversations. Anywhere and everywhere.

HERE THAT UNIVERSE?! BRING IT ON!

I'm ready.

2 comments:

Lisa Adams said...

love the screen shot. can't wait for the YouTube. We were all bemoaning how we couldn't see it live. So glad it was so much fun.

Rebecca Elia said...

So happy for you. It's just the beginning!