Thursday, November 13, 2014

my period really, really likes me

For the past few years my period has shown up every 23 or so days. More frequently than the average person and certainly more often than they used to. But for quite some time it's been remarkably punctual and by the book. Heightened anxiety beforehand. A craving for sweets. Massive cramps for half a day or so that on occasion require a hot water bottle intervention. And then after 4, maybe 5 days, we part ways for yet another cycle. 

And that's fine. It's all uneventful. Regular. Expected.

But yesterday my period turned up unexpectedly. Early. Even earlier than my ridiculous 23 day cycle. 

For this month we're at 21 days. 3 weeks. That's barely enough time for the bloating to subside before its starts up again. My skin can't decide whether to clear up or break out. 

I'm wondering if this is just a blip on the radar or if things are starting to shift in a bigger way. 

No answer to be had. 

But fingers are crossed this shortened cycle isn't a trend my period wants to stick with for the long term. 

No comments: