Sunday, December 8, 2013

things

I'm not a fan of things

Of stuff. 

Of clutter. 

I'm constantly throwing away, weeding out, paring down. 

For a former shopaholic I've come a long way. 

Part of it is living in a NYC apartment with 3 other people and 2 dogs. Not much extra room to amass collections. 

Another part is the knowledge that things don't make me happy. At least most things. I'm content and happy not accumulating more. 

Except for sometimes. 

Sometimes something speaks to me. It's meant to be mine. And then I do whatever I have to to make it happen. 

It doesn't happen often. 

But it did this week. 

A mirrored mosaic Ganesha that lights up from within had my name on it. Or I had it's name, Disco Ganesh, on me. I've yearned for it through 2 holiday seasons and this year managed to act quickly and get the very last one. 

Which is now sitting in my living room, making me happy every time I look at it. 

We were meant to be. 

No comments: