Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 1 (and 3 months)


We had no wifi down at the shore, which made blog posts more of a challenge than they should be on vacation. So, I gave up my 40 days straight goal and am starting again. This time there's even more motivation to put stuff out there—Flow is being released 3 months from today. Yes, 3 months. It's been 2 and a half years since Susan and I met for the first time and now the book is almost a reality. Well, it is a reality, we're waiting for it to finish printing and arrive in warehouses. That's 2 months from today. And yet, now that everything's becoming tangible and concrete, I feel separate from the whole experience. It's all out of my hands. I think publishing is a lot like that. The author is just one in a long line of people working on a project. Now Flow belongs to marketing and publicity, both areas I know nothing about. Self-promotion is hard for me and this is no different. In the end though, I have to suck it up and get going on getting the world out.

No comments: